Wednesday 28 March 2012

SBE!!



Last week, I went to SK Pelagat, Besut, Terengganu for School Based Experience (SBE). It was my third experience and the school is just near to my house. I had been there for only a week and doing the task with my friend from IPGK Kota Bharu and IPGK Bahasa Antarabangsa. For information, the school was opened in 2004 and only has 326 students and 33 teachers.

I can say that I like the school very much because all the teachers are very kind and welcoming the new teacher. The students also respect all the teachers including me although I only spent a week there. The teachers also gave good cooperation when I want to observe their class. For my SBE task, I need to observe the teacher who teach Pendidikan Jasmani and see whether they teach the subject according to the lesson plan or not. Based on my observing, the teachers are very creative in attracting the student’s to pay attention to the learning process as they use music and play games with the students.

I don’t have the chance to meet the headmaster because he had a course as he is a new headmaster there. So, I have the briefing about the school from the senior assistant teacher. He gave good advices to me as a trainee teacher such as a teacher need to have passion in the career because without loving the career, a teacher can’t teach well. He said that a good teacher also needs to have a lot of knowledge and know everything as students nowadays are very advanced. He also advised me to have a good relationship with the teachers and students at the school. I will remember what he said as it really motivated me.

            During the SBE, I was given a chance to relief the a few class including the pre-school students. It was a valuable experience for me as during the second SBE, I don’t get this chance. On the fourth day there, I need to relief the pre-school class. I will not forget the moment when handling all the students. As usual the pre-school students are very active and it was to control them. One of the students is a hyperactive student and she is a girl. Usually the boys are hyperactive but this time, it is not. She always disturbed her friends and did not seat at her own place. When I ask her to colour her book, she did not do that and even smeared her friend’s book. Although I ask her to sit at her own place, she did not do that and still disturb her friends. When she disturbed her friends, most of them will not pay attention to what I say and start to quarrel with the girl. I even almost lost my voice because I need to increase my volume in order to make the students listen to me. After the class ended, I ask her teacher about her. She said that the father’s girl spoiled her and did not scold her even though she did wrong. This should happen because the girl will lose respect to other people and do anything that she want although it is wrong. I really respect that teacher as she can control the class well from the morning until afternoon without changing the teacher even though the students are hyperactive. I myself still not have great patience like her.

From the experience, I learn that a teacher needs to be more patient and know how to control the emotions. I also learn that a teacher needs to control the class very well so that the students will listen to the instruction and pay attention to the learning process. I hope that I have another chance to go to that school again. Lastly, there a lot of things that I need to learn to be a good teacher and a teacher should always try to change for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment